Grades 7 & 8
Our Whole Lives helps participants make informed and responsible decisions about their relationships, sexual health and behavior. With a holistic approach, Our Whole Lives provides accurate, developmentally appropriate information about a range of topics, including relationships, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, sexual health, and cultural influences on sexuality.
OWL for your 7th/8th Graders began Fall 2021! Check back for future offerings.
Our Whole Lives recognizes and respects the diversity of participants with respect to biological sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, and disability status in addition to cultural and racial background. The activities and language used throughout the program have been carefully chosen to be as inclusive as possible of this human diversity.
Our Whole Lives Offers
- Accurate information presented in developmentally appropriate ways
- Affective and emotional learning
- Guiding values and principles
- Activities that help participants clarify values and improve decision-making skills
- A safe and supportive peer group
- Acceptance of diversity
- A social justice approach to inclusive sexuality education
- Step-by-step instructions for program promotion, implementation, and facilitation
- Parent orientation that affirms parents as their children’s primary sexuality educators
- Facilitator trainings, continuing education, and email forums to increase knowledge, skills, confidence
- Expert user support from the Unitarian Universalist’s Association OWL Program Manager and the United Church of Christ’s Minister of Sexuality Education and Justice.
- Sexuality and Our Faith, an optional religious supplement for use in Unitarian Universalist and United Church of Christ settings.
Our Whole Lives Values
While Our Whole Lives is secular, it is not value-free. The program gives clear messages about the following key sexuality issues:
- Self worth
- Sexual health
- Justice and inclusivity
Questions? Email us at OWL@FPLex.org