Spring Offerings CANCELLED due to COVID-19
- Thursday Afternoon Meditation Group
Sep 5, 2019 - Jun 25, 2020
4:00 pm - 5:00 pm
All in person gatherings have been cancelled until further notice All are welcome to join the Thursday Meditation Group, a drop-in group that meets each Thursday from 4:00-5:00pm in the parlor.
- Soul Matters via Zoom
Sep 8, 2019 - Jun 7, 2020
These groups have been moved for the moment to a virtual format, please contact the facilitator of your group for more information A great way to connect with others at First Parish is through our small group ministry – Soul Matters. In groups of 10, we meet with a facilitator once a month to explore spirituality and personal growth using a monthly UU theme which Rev. Anne also speaks about in...
Do Morals Matter?
Book talk by Author Joseph Nye Thursday, April 16 at 7:30 pm via Zoom Joseph S. Nye, Jr. one of the world’s leading scholars of international relations, provides a concise analysis of the role of ethics in US foreign policy working through each presidency from FDR to Trump.
Books available for purchase, please send a request to email@example.comJoseph S. Nye, Jr. is University Distinguished Service Professor Emeritus and former Dean of Harvard’s Kennedy School of Government. He received his bachelor’s degree summa cum laude from Princeton University, won a Rhodes Scholarship to Oxford, and earned a Ph.D. in political science from Harvard. He has served as Assistant Secretary of Defense for International Security Affairs, Chair of the National Intelligence Council, and a Deputy Under Secretary of State, and won distinguished service awards from all three agencies. His books include The Future of Power, The Power Game: A Washington Novel, and Do Morals Matter? He is a fellow of the American Academy of Arts and Sciences, the British Academy, and the American Academy of Diplomacy. In a recent survey of international relations scholars, he was ranked as the most influential scholar on American foreign policy, and in 2011, Foreign Policy named him one of the top 100 Global Thinkers. In 2014, Japan awarded him the Order of the Rising Sun.
- Stewardship Pledge Drive - We will be Growing our Voices by joining together to support our mission. The Stewardship mailing has… ...
- Religious Education Enrollment - Our religious education program for children and youth from Pre-K through 12th grade runs from September through… ...
- Office Hours - Office hours for the church office are Monday through Thursday from 9:00am to 5:00pm, Friday 9:00 am… ...
- Children’s Choir Rehearsals - The First Parish Children's Choir is growing children's music ministry at First Parish. They rehearse on Sunday… ...