Mayfair is coming right up: Saturday, May 13th, just more than a week away!!
1. Post a yard sign in your front yard beginning Sunday, May 7th. Signs will be available at church beginning Sunday, March 7th. Stop by the piano on Sundays or use our link to Sign up Genius (see below).
2. Have your picture taken at Mayfair by professional photographer Zoe Perry-Wood. Sign up by emailing Amy Breiting at firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. Bring your bikes for tune-ups by our experienced biking wizards.
4. Donate some time! How about:
~ baking some delicious goodies or other comestibles?
~ planting seedlings or re-potting plants?
~ making espresso at the coffee bar or serving delicious lunch to our shoppers?
~ selling on Saturday or sorting and pricing on Friday day and evening?
~ setting up before or cleaning up after?
5. Donate much-loved but no-longer-needed treasures to sell! We eagerly await your:
– Jewelry Good estate jewelry of gold, silver or semi-precious stone to nice costume jewelry to fun resort wear to once-in-a-lifetime purchases (as in “what was I thinking?”). We are also looking for watches that still work or good ones that just need a battery or cleaning. Fine pieces will be sold at a separate table with special security. There is a definite market for junk but the good stuff always goes quickly. We accept pieces you just can’t find the right outfit for but hate to toss into the costume jewelry pile. It will be priced specially to bring needed dollars to First Parish. Any questions contact the jewelry chairs Carolyn Fleiss or Lee Brami.
– Books, CDs, DVDs Only books in good condition (no textbooks) including:
Current fiction & nonfiction
Gardening and Field Guides
Recent travel guides
Books on CD
Contact Mary Knuth for more information about books.
– Collectibles china, glassware, artworks, silver
– White elephants Toys, games, puzzles, kitchenware, holiday decorations, craft materials, pictures and frames, small appliances, tools, gift items. (PLEASE no clothing, shoes, broken items, worn or outdated sporting equipment, no exercise equipment or large furniture.)
– Electronics See Bill Pittore’s email to FPCHAT of April 25th for a list of desired items.
– Plants Bring perennials, annuals and vegetables you may have started from seed, along with garden ornaments, guidebooks, and even new or barely-used garden tools.
– Plastic and paper bags for folks to carry home their purchases.
Drop-off for donations at the church will be on Thursday, the 11th from 6:30pm to 9:00pm and on Friday, the 12th, beginning at 9:00 am.
Sign up at the piano on Sunday, contact Amy Breiting or Marty Kvaal, or click here to go to the Signup Genius online account for Mayfair.
Come early! Drink coffee! Shop! Eat lunch! Shop some more!